All Comments by LadyAdelia

1 LadyAdelia 4 years, 8 months ago Context

The kitten is a metaphorical reference to the hope that moves me onward and out of the downward spiral depression put me into at times. I wrote this poem in the midst of such a spiral and these words were the exact words going through my mind. For me the urge to cut is one I have hidden very well. I am a mom and I have 3 beautiful children who would be devastated if I left them and so I live. I realize that these spirals are temporary and I can 'talk' myself through them. I have learned to not take action and in that inaction I save myself from harm. My cuts were a way that I could provide myself with a physical wound to tend to since my dealing with the emotional wounds seems more than immpossible at times. The last time I seriously cut myself was October of 08. I feel that I am coping much better now and the writing helps me tremendously! Thank you for your kind comments! I am more than willing to discuss my cutting with anyone because I see my openess about it as a way of defeating it. :)

1 LadyAdelia 4 years, 8 months ago Context

Thank you! The act of cutting oneself is horrible. I have only cut myself seriously one time but it still shakes me to the core every time this urge comes over me. This poem helped me pour out the urge onto paper and brought me back to myself away from the insanity depression can sometimes bring.

1 LadyAdelia 4 years, 8 months ago Context

Thank you!

WoW on, Nerd boy, WoW on! ;p

I WoW out, too! Nerds are COOL!

I agree! Very nice!

1 LadyAdelia 4 years, 9 months ago Context

I can't believe it's been so long since I added anything! My life is too crazy! Plus, two chapters in and I already feel stuck. Hmmm...

Thank you! :)

1 LadyAdelia 4 years, 9 months ago Context

Actually, I always vote a 5 for everything I write. It usually takes hours to show up and sometimes (like this time) it doesn't take at all the firtst time and I have to re-vote. Thank you! I appreciate the comment and I am glad you like it! :)

1 LadyAdelia 4 years, 9 months ago Context

I really like this style. It confused me at first and then I got into it and devoured it!

2 LadyAdelia 4 years, 9 months ago Context

I really enjoyed the dialogue! I struggle with dialogue and you make it look so easy! :)

1 LadyAdelia 4 years, 9 months ago Context

I'm so glad you like it. Thanks again, WW!

1 LadyAdelia 4 years, 9 months ago Context

I agree. I was not happy with it. I really appreciate all your comments. Thank you for your awesome input! :)

1 LadyAdelia 4 years, 9 months ago Context

I apologize for all the errors in this chapter. I kept getting interupted while writing this. I reread it a couple of times but still managed to miss some very glaring errors. Oh well.

1 LadyAdelia 4 years, 9 months ago Context

Thank you, WW! It's my first try. Re-reading it, I think it could use some flushing out. It needs more of something. I'm off to try my hand at chapter 2. :)

1 LadyAdelia 4 years, 9 months ago Context

Thank you. I plan on adding more tomorrow.

2 LadyAdelia 4 years, 9 months ago Context

A beautiful ending to a beautiful story! ;P Seriously, good job, Al! Not at all where I was going with it but it was an awesome Mash and I appreciate it very much!

1 LadyAdelia 4 years, 9 months ago Context

I like your thoughts here but I would suggest that you reread for errors before you publish your works. I saw a few minor errors. Budah said haply instead of happily or happy in his last statement. Fixing these small errors will go a long way. Happy writing! :)

2 LadyAdelia 4 years, 9 months ago Context

It's pure evil. Sounds like she might escape? Hmm...interesting

1 LadyAdelia 4 years, 10 months ago Context

That's the part that stuck out for me the most too. Maybe love is easy only when its new but true love is good all the time. And old love can be a soft bed of security that keeps you when times are bad. True love is much too rare, though; that much is very true. It is a lovely poem and I enjoyed reading it very much! :)

1 LadyAdelia 4 years, 10 months ago Context

I tried that once but my gender made it run all over the floor...;P

1 LadyAdelia 4 years, 10 months ago Context

It's a glitch. I've seen that several times on my pieces when I first post them. It goes up later. Go figure! ;P

2 LadyAdelia 4 years, 10 months ago Context

Go ahead with it. The beauty of mashing is I can just take it in a different direction. It's bound to be dark no matter what.

2 LadyAdelia 4 years, 10 months ago Context

Gary is quite the example of originality after all. ;P

Another flawless chapter, Al. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

2 LadyAdelia 4 years, 10 months ago Context

This is exactly what I was hoping for! Well, that's not true; it's so much more! :) Thank you, Al. I've been way too busy the past week to even glance in this story's direction. I'm so glad you had time to play with it!

1 LadyAdelia 4 years, 10 months ago Context

Thank you, Dogdeity!

1 LadyAdelia 4 years, 10 months ago Context

Thank you! My writing is so sporadic. I have 3 school age kidos and I nanny quite a lot for my niece so my time stolen from me daily. lol

1 LadyAdelia 4 years, 10 months ago Context

Please Mash...I'm feeling a little stuck. I know where I want this story to go but I'm having trouble getting it there.

1 LadyAdelia 4 years, 10 months ago Context

I had fun writing it! I love to be silly! :)

1 LadyAdelia 4 years, 10 months ago Context

Thank you very much!! :)

3 LadyAdelia 4 years, 10 months ago Context

You're always more than welcome to mash my stuff. Thanks for the awesome critique! :)

hidden comment from LadyAdelia with score of 3
2 LadyAdelia 4 years, 10 months ago Context

Very nice! I really liked it!

1 LadyAdelia 4 years, 10 months ago Context

Your a twit! My God man, Warn me next time! I gave you a 5 even though there was quite a bit I couldn't bring myself to finish reading. I'm to young to die of a heart attack so be careful! Maybe put (not for the faint of heart) in the title next time. The finger thing really got to me....yuck, awful, bad, no good, no good. Im gonna bathe in lavendar oil to calm myself down now! Sheesh!

1 LadyAdelia 4 years, 10 months ago Context

Thank you! I was feeling rather silly and just having some fun.

1 LadyAdelia 4 years, 10 months ago Context

I want more! :)

1 LadyAdelia 4 years, 11 months ago Context

It would be wonderful to see when someone has voted on or commented on a piece of my work. Is there a way to see this?

1 LadyAdelia 4 years, 11 months ago Context

Patience is a virtue. LOL. Now it shows the score as 3.5.

1 LadyAdelia 4 years, 11 months ago Context

Does it take time for a score to take effect. I rated 'The Color Black by happy_fun_cloud' a five. It was rated as a 2.8 with 2 votes. Now it shows 3 votes (I assume one is mine) but the score remains at 2.8.

1 LadyAdelia 4 years, 11 months ago Context

I think some improvements could be made to the scoring. It seems that if a person has two votes and one person loves what they wrote and another hates it, it will have a very low score. All pieces seem to begin with the same rating of around 3. Is this correct? Then, if someone votes it up it moves up drastically and if another votes it down it moves down drastically. Is there some way to make the scoring less drastic so that it takes several of the same score to move it up or down? Does any of this make sense?

My primary concern is that one person can decide to ruin someone else's score on here or bump it way up. Shouldn't it take several scores to properly score each piece?

1 LadyAdelia 4 years, 11 months ago Context

Firefox is a great product but it would still be nice to know what is causing Explorer issues with these pages and not others. Explorer is widely used.

1 LadyAdelia 4 years, 11 months ago Context

It's not a fair survey, Rico. Anyone over 30 reading this is saying, 'Holy crap! I'm on a site with babies!' And then they keep thier age to themselves. Oh, what the hay....I'm 34.

1 LadyAdelia 4 years, 11 months ago Context

Thank you. I was the child once. :) This was a recollection that I wanted to share. I’m not sure if I will continue a storyline here. I should. We'll see. Someone didn't like it. It has a really low score. Oh well.

Thank you, LadyLuck!

-2 LadyAdelia 4 years, 11 months ago Context

Thanks Random. I'll be sure to show you the same kindness when I leave redundant negative comments on your stuff. On second thought I will take extra care in not giving your stuff any look at all. You are a Class A jerk.

hidden comment from LadyAdelia with score of -2
1 LadyAdelia 4 years, 11 months ago Context

Wonderful! I am enjoying this story so much! :)

Im curious. More please?

1 LadyAdelia 4 years, 11 months ago Context

Do you think it is a font the writer is using? Maybe something is getting lost in translation when they copy and paste from thier pc to SM.

1 LadyAdelia 4 years, 11 months ago Context

I know exactly how you feel! I'm right there with you! You can see that in some of my poetry, as well. I never really feel free to be myself. I love Storymash for giving us a place to live out a little of our 'madness'! :)

1 LadyAdelia 4 years, 11 months ago Context

I loved it! But, how come four people have commented and there are only 3 votes? Don't forget to vote guys! :P

1 LadyAdelia 4 years, 11 months ago Context

They have been read by others because there are votes and comments but some of the post come up completely blank. Has anyone else had this same issue?

1 LadyAdelia 5 years ago Context

Sure thing. Would you like me to just add a chapter as a mash? or I could email it?

1 LadyAdelia 5 years ago Context

I love this poem! I feel sheepish saying it but, the Chucky line made me giggle. I really liked it. To each his own, right? :P

1 LadyAdelia 5 years ago Context

Wow! Thank you very much! :)

2 LadyAdelia 5 years ago Context

Another great chapter! I love the tension that you created in the car. I'll read more tomorrow! :)

2 LadyAdelia 5 years ago Context

Do any of you play WOW? Mongerers remind me of a WOW villain. lol. I agree with the comments here and I am hooked. Now even my vacuuming is going undone. Tee hee! :)

1 LadyAdelia 5 years ago Context

I liked the characters very much! :)

2 LadyAdelia 5 years ago Context

Okay, so I really liked it but I must take issue with one small detail. Not all women are ignoring their kids to watch soaps some of them are just too busy messing around with storymash all day! LOL! And you, my friend, are an enabler because now I have to go read the rest of your chapters! :P

1 LadyAdelia 5 years ago Context

I don't know why the tense thing is such a struggle for me but it really is! Thank you for your great feedback! :) If you read the second chapter, let me know what you think. I'm feeling very uncertain about the dialogue and could use some hints. ;)

1 LadyAdelia 5 years ago Context

Thank you for the great critique! I appreciate all the suggestions I can get. This last year has been horrible for my writing and I am thrilled to have time to write agian. :)

1 LadyAdelia 5 years ago Context

It's a project for my kids. I'm glad you like it! :)

2 LadyAdelia 5 years ago Context

I like the story and the dialogue is really good. I'm having a hard time with the lack of punctuation and I am wondering if you would like some help in that area. If I'm out of line, please forgive me but I can tell that you have some amazing potential and I feel like the puctuation part is holding you back. Let me know if you would like me to re write it with better punctuation. I'll leave all the wording the same. It will just make it so much easier to read. :)

1 LadyAdelia 5 years ago Context

Thank you! I will add the next chapter soon.

Really? Seriously?

1 LadyAdelia 5 years ago Context

It is an interesting idea but I found it very hard to follow. It kind of confused me.

1 LadyAdelia 5 years ago Context

I can't see the poem and I am wondering if there are others with the same problem. Is there special text format or something? It's weird but nothing but the title is visable for me. Just thought I'd let you know. I love the title and was really interested in reading it.

1 LadyAdelia 5 years ago Context

I really enjoyed reading this and hope to read more soon!

1 LadyAdelia 5 years ago Context

Are you really 13? Or 14 by now, I'd guess. That was really good!

1 LadyAdelia 5 years ago Context

This is a very intriguing story line. I can't wait to read more! :)

1 LadyAdelia 6 years, 1 month ago Context

The thong is hilarious!!!

2 LadyAdelia 6 years, 1 month ago Context

Ahhh....okay. That makes sense. Thank you! Even though I do like the ghost idea better...hee..hee

1 LadyAdelia 6 years, 1 month ago Context

Thank you! I appreciate the compliment. I loved the idea of the doors and blue is my favorite color so I had dump the math homework I was doing and get right to work. I hate math! %{ Thank you for the diversion! =)

3 LadyAdelia 6 years, 1 month ago Context

Now I feel guilty for making such a big deal out of the house work I have to do. That said, I think I'll go do some laundry.

hidden comment from LadyAdelia with score of 3
1 LadyAdelia 6 years, 1 month ago Context

There has to be a glitch. I just posted 'the blue door' to the 'behind door number one' line of the contest stories and immediately it shows one vote and scores me at a 3 and I double checked to make sure that my self score of 5 took.???? Maybe a ghost is in our midst!?!?! Moohahaha!!!

1 LadyAdelia 6 years, 1 month ago Context

I just added the blue door to "behind door number one"

1 LadyAdelia 6 years, 1 month ago Context

I liked it very much but was confused by the position of the cow. You stated that it was in the center of a large room but then proceeded to have your character squeeze past the cow. That's an enormous cow. LOL...

1 LadyAdelia 6 years, 1 month ago Context

that's what I thought too...who would be so nasty...if that is the case and the person doing that is reading this...stop it! =P

1 LadyAdelia 6 years, 1 month ago Context

I would like the chance to write one more, as well. I agree that it should have advanced the plot more. I will work on that. Thank you for the good crit guys! =)

1 LadyAdelia 6 years, 1 month ago Context

I agree with dogdiety. Loved the story! It was wonderful until the end. Then you lost me...and I was very sad...just kidding...it was kinda dissapointing, though.

Interesting

3 LadyAdelia 6 years, 1 month ago Context

Beautiful!

hidden comment from LadyAdelia with score of 3
3 LadyAdelia 6 years, 1 month ago Context

Ooops! I was playing with my own comments trying to figure that one out as well and I have hidden a few on accident. Is there any way to change that or is it a once its done its done kinda thing?

Also, I was wondering how the rating works. Does the writers initial self rating of 5 work into the rating the first voter sets. I'm unsure of my writing now because if I gave myself a 5 and one other person reviewed it and now I have a rating of 3.0 - did that reviewer give me a one or two or did they give me a 3? Is there an FAQ page somewhere to answer all my silly questions?

hidden comment from LadyAdelia with score of 3
1 LadyAdelia 6 years, 1 month ago Context

I finally got it out and tacked it on after Reverie. Let me know if that was the proper way of doing it. Also, I apologize for the legth it took me awhile to come up with what I did and I was a bit more apprehensive than I thought I would be.

2 LadyAdelia 6 years, 1 month ago Context

Wow! I felt the rage and dissapointment so clearly! Great job, great description!

1 LadyAdelia 6 years, 1 month ago Context

Sweet! I'll get right to work!

1 LadyAdelia 6 years, 1 month ago Context

That was awesome! I really enjoyed the way you had Rodger talk. Very entertaining!

1 LadyAdelia 6 years, 1 month ago Context

Thank you for your feedback. This is a work in progress so the character development will continue into the next chapter. I haven't had very much time to write but expect more from this story line soon! =)

1 LadyAdelia 6 years, 1 month ago Context

Very nice story line! I'll be looking for the next chapter! =)

1 LadyAdelia 6 years, 1 month ago Context

=) Glad you liked! Thank you for reading and for the great feedback!

1 LadyAdelia 6 years, 1 month ago Context

Thank you! I will try and get the next chapter out here in the next day or so. Feel free to mash on it! =)

3 LadyAdelia 6 years, 1 month ago Context

Hey can we put xfionax in deveraux's spot and me in xfionax's spot? I'm anxious to get started! =)

If deveraux is about to publish, then ofcourse disregard; but if there is still no word it apears that xfionax and I are ready to roll out our chapters. Thank you! =)

hidden comment from LadyAdelia with score of 3

Thank you!

1 LadyAdelia 6 years, 1 month ago Context

or not....hee, hee... I was looking at the wrong set

1 LadyAdelia 6 years, 1 month ago Context

I'll try to get that posted tomorrow. =)

1 LadyAdelia 6 years, 1 month ago Context

I assume that I am waiting on Deveraux and XfionaX to publish their chapters before doing mine. Just checking to make sure I understand the process. Thank you!

1 LadyAdelia 6 years, 1 month ago Context

Nice job. Very captivating. I hope you continue the story line.

okay...:)

2 LadyAdelia 6 years, 1 month ago Context

I want to join the Getgo line. When I click on the claim a chapter link, it brings me here....so should I just work off the initial thread?

1 LadyAdelia 6 years, 1 month ago Context

I'd like to give this a try, but I confess I'm confused. Do I just start mashing on a current chapter? How do you claim a chapter? HELP!

1 LadyAdelia 6 years, 1 month ago Context

no, that was my morning....just rambled a bit there...hee, hee

2 LadyAdelia 6 years, 1 month ago Context

I appreciate all the feedback I can get. I am 33 and have not written creatively since highschool. At least not that much and I am excited to be writing again and doing so in the midst of so many wonderful authors. Rocklee, I will have to read your work soon. Your chapter here is all I have read and I liked it, just wanted to give a different twist. This website is fantastic. I love it!

1 LadyAdelia 6 years, 1 month ago Context

After rereading the story I see what you mean. I could have left off the last several sentences. Thank you for your feedback! I love your work! =)

1 LadyAdelia 6 years, 1 month ago Context

Blackhand, I realize I am no where close to your style or caliber of writing but I am very interested in what you think about the chapter I have added here and I also want to know if you plan on continuing this story line. I find it intriguing. Thank you! =)

1 LadyAdelia 6 years, 1 month ago Context

I really like your style. I'm afraid that I'm a horrible critic, as I see the best in everyone to a fault. But I don't comment unless I really like the writing and I really like everything I've read of yours so far. =)

I love it! Keep writing!

1 LadyAdelia 6 years, 1 month ago Context

It's good but, I want more! =)

1 LadyAdelia 6 years, 1 month ago Context

Wow...that one will haunt me for a long time. I don't scare easy....but HOLY ****! I liked it.

2 LadyAdelia 6 years, 1 month ago Context

I have some issues with depression which is pretty evident in my work. Writing is theraputic and allows an escape from the somtimes mundane and sometimes way too exciting life that being a mom of 3 highly intellgent offspring brings. Yes, I am bias to my kidos. And did I mention that I am married to a passionate and sometimes thoroughly erksome man. And I am endeavoring to become a nurse. So, I am a bit busy. But I love every minute that I have been afforded thus far on SM! Happy reading and writing, Everyone!

1 LadyAdelia 6 years, 1 month ago Context

I am a new writer, also. I've only written two chapters so far. I found this to be the most intriguing read for me out of the dozen or so I have had time to read. I love the Julia's attitude. Keep writing and I'll keep reading! =)

2 LadyAdelia 6 years, 1 month ago Context

I guess I'm confused on the ending cause you say a short story but there was a lot of build up which was excellent and then the ending just didn't feel like the end. It let me down. It didn't seem like it was over...maybe I missed something.

2 LadyAdelia 6 years, 1 month ago Context

Thank you! I appreciate the feedback very much!

2 LadyAdelia 6 years, 1 month ago Context

This beginning is very interesting but I found it a bit short. I wish you would have provided a little more detail about the electricity and how she was feeling it.