When you visit the StoryMash Site, certain types of non-personally identifiable information, such as the website that referred you to us, your IP address, browser type and language, and access times, may be collected automatically as part of the site's operation. We also may collect navigational information, including information about the pages you view, the links you click, and other actions taken in connection with the site.
We also collect personal information in some circumstances. Personal information (e.g., your username and password, your name, your company, your mailing address, email address, and phone number, social security number) may be collected when you register. Additional personal information (e.g., your credit card number and billing address) may be collected to process transactions or to provide you with certain services. You may always choose not to provide personal information, but if you so choose, certain site functions and services may not be available to you.
StoryMash collects and uses your personal information to:
- create and manage your account;
- process transactions between you and StoryMash;
- provide customer service;
- if you have an agreement with StoryMash to provide content and participate in revenue sharing, to compensate you and prepare tax information documents; and
- communicate with you about the StoryMash Site or Services, your account, and your transactions.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
StoryMash will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone. StoryMash may send or disclose personally identifiable information about you to other companies:
- with your consent;
- when necessary to provide a service you have requested;
- when necessary to provide the information to companies who work on behalf of StoryMash to provide a service to you (in such cases, these companies do not have any right to use the personally identifiable information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us);
- in response to a law enforcement request, subpoena, court order, or other legal process (in such cases, StoryMash will make a good faith effort to contact you and allow you an opportunity to object to this disclosure, but sometimes this is not practicable or allowed by law enforcement); or
- when StoryMash determines that your actions potentially violate any agreement with us, including, but not limited to, the Terms of Service and Use and the Code of Conduct.
Like many other websites, StoryMash utilizes "cookies" (or web beacons or similar mechanisms, which tag users, and transmit non-personal information regarding browsing activity to a computer server). A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user's hard drive containing information about the user and which "tags" the user. For example, a cookie may allow identification of a user when the user visits another website. Cookies are also used by advertisers to develop "advertising networks". Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information while on the StoryMash Site. Cookies may be used to enhance the user experience. For instance, by setting a cookie, the user would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while accessing the StoryMash Site. If a user rejects the cookie, they may still use the StoryMash Site. The only drawback to this is that the user will be limited in some areas of the StoryMash Site.
StoryMash may set and access cookies on your computer
Log Files/IP Addresses/Browsing History
StoryMash may use log files, IP addresses, and browsing history and information to analyze trends, administer the StoryMash Site, track a user's movement and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
StoryMash follows generally accepted industry standards to safeguard the privacy of your personal information. For example, when you submit certain sensitive information (such as credit card information), we encrypt the information using secure socket layer (SSL) technology. However, no method of information transmission or storage is 100% secure. Therefore, while we will endeavor to keep your information secure, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you choose to register with StoryMash and create a username and password, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password.