CODE OF CONDUCT - LAST REVISED: SEPTEMBER 1, 2007
StoryMash LLC ("StoryMash") offers various products and services (the "Services") through its website http://StoryMash.com (the "StoryMash Site"). These services include, but are not limited to, a community where users can post content, interact with other users and StoryMash, and obtain news and announcements from StoryMash.
StoryMash may modify these terms from time to time at its sole discretion. When it has made a modification, notice of such will be prominently posted on the front (landing) page of http://StoryMash.com for a period of 14 days, along with a link to these terms. If you use the StoryMash Site frequently, you should encounter this notice and review the revised terms immediately. If you are an infrequent user of the StoryMash site, you should review the terms every time you use it.
If you do not agree with these terms as posted, you are prohibited from using the Services or from using or accessing any portion of the StoryMash Site.
1. Conduct and Content.
While accessing the StoryMash Site or using the Services in any manner directly or indirectly (e.g., whether by accessing content, submitting comments, posting links or content, communicating with other Members, purchasing any products or services) you agree to adopt a constructive tone and practice good etiquette and courtesy.
More importantly, you agree NOT to:
- threaten, disrupt, inflame, intimidate, libel, stalk, defame, or defraud any individual, entity, or group on any basis including but not limited to age, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, religion or disability or encourage any one else to do so;
- post, publish, or transmit any text, graphics, or material that is illegal or violates local and national laws or that contains, encourages, advocates, or expresses illegal acts or consumption of illegal products or services;
- harm or exploit minors in any way including collecting personally identifiable information, including but not limited to name, email address, home address, phone number, or school;
- invade privacy by attempting to collect, store, or publish private or personally identifiable information, including, but not limited to, password, account information, credit card number, address, or other contact information;
- modify or falsify the source of any content or information, impersonate another individual, StoryMash representative, or moderator, or falsely state or misrepresent affiliation with a person or entity;
- disrupt, harm or inappropriately access any computer, network, server or telecommunication system or violate related security or operational procedures, policies or regulations;
- flood, overload, or mail bomb any mail service or transmit or transfer any harmful or disruptive viruses, worms, computer code, files, or programs;
- infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights or violate contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as insider, proprietary, or confidential information);
- encourage or instruct unauthorized copying or circumvention of copy protection or pirating of intellectual property or content including but not limited to software, music, text, photographs, illustrations, and movies;
- access restricted, password-only, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- distribute or disseminate inappropriate, unauthorized or unsolicited advertising or promotional offers including, but not limited to, contests, sweepstakes, barter, junk mail, spam, chain letters, and pyramid schemes;
- use StoryMash messages or Member-provided content to obtain personally identifiable information, or to solicit or sell to any member inappropriately;
- support or help any organization designated by the United States government as a foreign terrorist organization pursuant to section 219 of the Immigration and Nationality Act;
- create "trolling" posts (trolling is deliberately posting false or provocative information in order to elicit responses from people who would not respond if they knew the motivation behind the post);
- attempt (i) to access or search the Services or the StoryMash Site with any engine, software, tool, agent, device, or mechanism other than the software or search agents provided by StoryMash or other generally available third party web browsers (such as Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Internet Explorer); or (ii) to "frame," "mirror" or otherwise copy any portion of the Services or StoryMash Site without StoryMash's express written authorization; or
- include or create links or otherwise refer to external sites that violate these restrictions.
2. Prohibition on Spam.
You will not use the Services or any portion of the StoryMash Site to transmit, either directly or indirectly, or facilitate the transmission of any unsolicited bulk or commercial email or any other form of communication, including but not limited to "private messaging," "chat," or "sms" ("Spam"). StoryMash may, but is not required to, use filtering technology or other measures to stop Spam. This filtering technology may block some non-Spam email or communications sent to you or from you through the Services or via the StoryMash Site. This may happen even if the email or other communication does not violate these terms.
You will not post content: in inappropriate categories, with excessive frequency; in multiple categories or multiple cities; or with identical or substantially identical text or photography. You will not use unrelated words in content to skew search results.
Without limiting the foregoing, you shall comply with all federal, state, or local laws or regulations which regulate (1) the transmission of unsolicited communications or advertisements, including but not limited to the CAN-SPAM Act, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, and any state or local equivalent thereof; (2) identity theft, phishing, or other similar scams; (3) any laws regulating the use and collection of personal or non-personal information; and (4) any laws intended to protect children or minors, including any on-line conduct with respect thereto.
3. Adult Content Only in Designated Areas.
StoryMash prohibits any postings or text containing or referring to pornography or adult content, except in designated areas. StoryMash may remove any such postings outside of designated areas.
4. Off-Line Conduct.
StoryMash does not endorse or sponsor any activities of any Member or third party, whether online or off-line. If you interact with any Members or third party online or off-line, you do so at your own risk. Be safe, and refrain from engaging in any risky or illegal conduct, and conduct your own due diligence with respect to people you encounter on the StoryMash Site. StoryMash bears no responsibility for any conduct of its Members.