Collaborative Creative Writing Community

StoryMash, creative writing community for authors, amateur writers, readers and anyone interested in collaborative fiction and collaborative creative writing.

And the winner for round three is... by Katrina - July 21, 2008

Congratulations to the winner of the third round of the current contest:

chloe with her chapter “Thou Shalt Not Kill – A Voice in the Darkness”!

chloe, I will be contacting you shortly to see if you would like to be a judge!

In case any of you are interested, following is a table that includes the judges’ votes for each of the stories that were eligible for this round:

NashvillebeckerPersephonieKatrinaTOTALAVERAGE
Thou shall not kill- a voice in the darkness
 by chloe
54 4 13 4.3
Thou Shalt Not Kill (3)...Misery Loves Company (revised again!)
 by expressionarchitect
4 5 3.5 12.5 4.2
Thou Shalt Not Kill (3)
 by thabeave
4 4 4.5 12.5 4.2
Thou Shalt Not Kill (3) - Connections
 by VinnieP
3.5 4 3.5 11 3.7
Thou Shalt Not Kill (3A)
 by writerwannabe
3 4 4 11 3.7
Thou Shalt Not Kill ( 3 )
 by ShadowedPen
4 2 5 11 3.7
Thou Shalt Not Kill (3)......No Sin Goes Unpunished
 by theblackhand
3 5 3 11 3.7
Thou Shalt Not Kill (3) ? (Revised) The Hardest Damn Thing
 by maxamillionlives
3.5 3 3 9.5 3.2
Thou Shalt Not Kill - The Power Of Nine
 by EllyBee
4 2 2.5 8.5 2.8
Thou shall not kill Chapter 3
 by hawkeye
3.5 1 3 7.5 2.5

Now begin working on your round four entries! As always, be sure to comment or email me at Katrina@storymash.com with any questions or suggestions.

Discussion

1 writerwannabe 5 years, 9 months ago Reply

Congratulations to chloe!
So close among the top three. I'd have been satisfied had any of these been the winner. And...congratulations judges. I appreciated your comments and I read all the comments you made to everyone else's chapters. I can say unequivocally that I found your comments fair and to the point!

hidden comment from writerwannabe with score of 1
1 theblackhand 5 years, 9 months ago Reply

A well deserved win for Chloe. Congratulations!

To echo what WWB mentioned after reading the comments/the table I also feel that the judging by all was fair and just.

hidden comment from theblackhand with score of 1
1 honeygloom 5 years, 9 months ago Reply

Congratulations Chole on a well deserved win!! Getting 5 stars from Nash is no easy feat:)

hidden comment from honeygloom with score of 1
1 honeygloom 5 years, 9 months ago Reply

Or Chloe, if you aren't dyslexic. Duh!

hidden comment from honeygloom with score of 1
1 chloe 5 years, 9 months ago Reply

Thanks Honeygloom,
Actually I am a little dyslexic(lol) Many thanks for the positive feedback. I'm thrilled to have been chosen the winner.

hidden comment from chloe with score of 1
1 chloe 5 years, 9 months ago Reply

haha- I hear Nash is the gold standard-I was shocked myself!

hidden comment from chloe with score of 1
1 chloe 5 years, 9 months ago Reply

Many Thanks for selecting my chapter! I'm surprised and thrilled to pieces! I was in some pretty good company! So excited to see where these talented writers take the story from here- almost makes me wish there were more than ten rounds. Thanks again for everyone's feedback and insight- this is a really supportive place to hone my skills. Happy Writing!
Chloe

hidden comment from chloe with score of 1
1 dogdeity11 5 years, 9 months ago Reply

Chloe~ It is a thrill to see your chapter take this round. I think it is an excellent addition to this storyline. The only bummer is that now you won’t be contributing any more chapters to it. I found your additions to be thrilling!
I hope you take a look at the projects page and decide to contribute something there. Either a short story or take part in the collaborative MASHing portion of the project. I think your fresh and creative style would fit in perfectly there.
Congrats!

hidden comment from dogdeity11 with score of 1
1 chloe 5 years, 9 months ago Reply

Thanks dogdeity!
I'm really excited to have won! Now I can enjoy reading the other chapters- no pressure (lol) but I will miss contributing! That's the fun part! Thanks for your encouragement- I'm still navigating my way around the site but would love to get in on some other projects! I really hope you'll contribute a chapter 4! all the best.
Chloe

hidden comment from chloe with score of 1
1 Jrandol62 5 years, 9 months ago Reply

Hi everyone, I'm a new member here. Enjoyed the chapter that Chloe wrote, great writing and story line!! I was wondering how to get involved in it...Any answers will be greatly appreciated. God Bless, Jeff

hidden comment from Jrandol62 with score of 1
1 nashvillebecker 5 years, 9 months ago Reply

Chloe's chapter was the third out of ten. I recommend reading Persephonie's opener, then my chapter, then Chloe's again to get a full handle on the story. When you feel like you know the characters well, go to the bottom of Chloe's chapter and click on Write the Next Chapter. Then you'll be eligible for round four. You can also start new stories using the menu on the right. Look around. Read a bunch. Find something that intrigues you. And go!

Sidenote to Chloe: I'm hardly the gold standard. It just takes something really good to knock my socks off.

hidden comment from nashvillebecker with score of 1
1 chloe 5 years, 8 months ago Reply

Thanks! welcome hope you join in!
Chloe

hidden comment from chloe with score of 1
1 expressionarchitect 5 years, 9 months ago Reply

Once again, congratulations, chloe! Your chapter was amazing!!! I'm glad I don't have to compete against you any more! :P

hidden comment from expressionarchitect with score of 1
1 ireland_faerie 5 years, 8 months ago Reply

Does anyone know when they will start the next round? It said it was suppose to start on the 20th and I haven't see anything yet.... Thanks! =)

hidden comment from ireland_faerie with score of 1
1 Katrina 5 years, 8 months ago Reply

The seventh round is currently open for submissions--the deadline is August 27th, UTC timezone.

Thanks!

hidden comment from Katrina with score of 1
1 Jamaican_writer 5 years, 7 months ago Reply

Hey all. just joined. iv read the 1st 3 chapters of "Thou shall not kill" and found them v\very interesting . The 9th round of the contest finishes on september 19. How do i enter? can i just start or continue any story before the deadline date and be eligible? Thanks in advance.

hidden comment from Jamaican_writer with score of 1
1 Katrina 5 years, 7 months ago Reply

Hi there--
All you have to do is continue the winning chapter of round eight. And then you're entered for round nine of the contest!

hidden comment from Katrina with score of 1
1 Jamaican_writer 5 years, 7 months ago Reply

Thanks again for the info.

hidden comment from Jamaican_writer with score of 1